Gedi is a regional consultancy firm specialized in assisting sustainable development goals realization in horn of Africa, research development, monitoring and evaluation, Conflict transformation, Advocacy and consultancy, with extensive experience and record of accomplishment in both as a implementing partner or as consulting organization, monitoring and evaluation for better implementation of projects and achieving organization goals, Gedi firm offers a high-quality representation, research, and consultation services to both private and public institutions through client network and cooperation. Gedi firm was established in February 2010 with the aim of rendering technical and social services including, counsel, representation consultancy, advocacy, research development, conflict transformation and peace building, trainings, document translations and publication services to business firms, Government institutions and non-governmental organizations including UN agencies, local and international NGOs, and Civil society organizations. We give organizations the information and insight they need to work smarter and produce better results. GEDI provides law research, market research, feasibility studies, technical assistance, assessments, and monitoring and evaluations.
Contribute towards business development and improving organizational performance and service delivery capacity, through development and provision of quality counseling, research and consultancy services.
Our core values include integrity in all that we do, respect for all, diversity, teamwork, independence, honest, and partnership with shared responsibilities and ethical behavior. At all times, Gedi is committed to follow the highest ethical standards. In matters relating to a client’s dealings, the consultancy will act solely in the interest of the client
Some of important activities this Consulting and research Firm had performed in the last few years include:
- Coffey International Development: Transcriptions and Translations of 224 hours of Audio files of primary data collected from 296 longitudinal key informant interviews (KIIs), 18 focus group discussions (FGDs) and 9 transect map (TM) discussions into English in January 2016.
- Coordinated the PDP data collection baseline survey for the evaluation of DFID funded Peace and Development Program (PDP) implemented in nine districts (Gashamo, Mersin, Bare, Danan, Hargelle, Bikrod, Elkare, Adadle, Hadagalle) in the Somali region of Ethiopia in October 2015.
- Oxfam GB: Conducted a baseline survey for ‘‘women economic and social empowerment through development of cross-border dairy value chain project” that is implemented in Somali Region of Ethiopia (Kabribayah, Jigjiga and Awbarre districts) and in Somaliland (Hargeisa, Balli Gubadle, Faro Weyne, Allay Boday, Wajale districts) in December, 2015.
- Save the Children/PDP: Provided ToT on M&E and Physical & Financial Planning to 35 regional experts from Water, Education, Health and Finance and Economic Development Bureaus to cascade to district level staffs involving implementation of the Peace and Development Program funded by Save the Children in July, 2015.
- Save the Children/PDP: Provided Integrated Community-based Participatory Planning Training of Trainers for 25 regional experts from Water, Education, Health and Finance Bureaus funded by Save the Children, January, 2015.
- Conducted Socio-Economic baseline Survey on sustainable intensification of Maize and legumes in Gursum and Jigjiga districts funded by SCF-UK in April 2015.
- Mercy Corps: Survey assessment for Climate Smart initiative (CSI) pilot Project in Shinile, Gursum and Harshin districts of Somali region to create business development services and increase income generation activities for the resilience of chronically food insecure households (PSNP beneficiaries) in these districts in December, 2014 (30 days), funded by Mercy Corps.
- Mercy Corps: Conducted vulnerability and risk assessment in Shinile, Gursum, and Harshin districts to Identify key gaps in community and household livelihood targeted by Productive safety Net Program for planning intervention Climate Smart Initiative Project activities from in May 15 to June 5, 2014. During the process GCRF provided short term training for PSNP staff for District and Kebele Community Task Forces to enable them identify and assess hazards, risks and vulnerability & capacity to increase their ability in facilitating community managed disaster risk reduction process. It was funded by Mercy Corps.
- Safety Net Support Facility Program (SNSFP) Provided community driven disaster risk reduction training to two districts of Somali region in which community drought preparedness and management institutions were established in August 2013.
- Mercy Corps: Conducted a livelihood baseline survey for Mercy Corps for the implementation of a mega project PRIME funded by USAID in Somali region of Ethiopia in 2013. This consultancy work was one month consultancy.
- SoRPARI: Conducted evaluation on the impact of the improved forage verities disseminated on the livelihood of the Farmer Research Groups in Shabele zone of Somali Regional State
- Provided a professional training on Anti-FGM Networking Initiative project to 22 staffs from our partners (government and nongovernmental organization working in Somali region and funded by April, 2013.
- Mercy Corps: Conducted Participatory Vulnerability and Capacity assessment in Harshin in Sep 2013.
- PSNP: Prepared Community Action Plan For the multi-Donor funded program including the world bank (Productive Safety Net Program) in 28 Districts in Somali Regional State by working with local marginalized communities through integrated participatory processes to identify the real needs of the grass root people (program beneficiaries) by creating community mapping and baseline data that generate important data for improved program planning and evaluation in the Somali Region of Ethiopia. It was funded by the regional PSNP Coordination in 2012.
- Prepared Business plan and organizational profile for Haji Mahamud Import and Export Company in December 2011.
- WFP: Conducted 25 days training on food security and livelihood protection for district and kebele Food Security Task Force members for 105 members from 7 districts (Gursum, Babili, Kabribayah, Harshin, Degahbur, Awarre, and Gashamo) funded by WFP in April 2011.
GCRF Human Resource
Gedi has built up highly competent and qualified staff equipped with all the required technical expertise.All our staffs are professionally qualified and have practiced consultancy, training and research services. They are also skilled to analyze problems, give advice and assist in putting advice into practice.
Our professional experts and staff include:
|Mohamed Nuh||LLB||President of Gedi Firm|
|Mustafe Omar Gedi||LLB||Director SL|
|Yusuf Musse||BA Economics and Public Administration||Program Coordinator|
|Muhyadin Mohammed Ali||M.Sc, Agriculture (Animal Production)||Director ET|
|Abdishukri Omar Gedi||M. Sc, Disaster Risk Management & Sustainable Development||Deputy Director ET|
|Dr. Abdulkadir Iman||PhD, Nutrition||Program Coordinator ET|
|Muktar Muhumed Ismail||M. Sc, Rural Development & Food Security||Program Manager|
|Dr.Abdi Ahmed Muse||PhD, Agronomy||M&E|
|Abdifatah Mahamud||Master of Business Administration||Researcher|
|Abdirahman Fifil||M. Sc, Natural Resource Management||Researcher|
|Hibo Ahmed||M. Sc, Statistics||Researcher|
|Sadik Abdi Hirsi||M. Sc, Economics||Researcher|
|Badri Mahamed||M. Sc, Rural Development||Researcher|
|Abdi Mahamud||MA, Marketing||Researcher|
|Muhyadin Abdi Ege||M. Sc, Public Health||Researcher|
|Faysal Omar Madar||LLB||Researcher|
On Legal document
The copies of the renewed license and the legal document of the firm are attached herewith including the Consulting service trade license and trade registration certificate, TIN number and the VAT certificate.
|Organization||Contact persons for past undertakings|
|Save the Children Jigjiga Field Office, Ethiopia||Dr. Mussa Mahammad Head of Institutional Capacity Development, BASES under PDP Mobile: +251 915 74 5113 Email:email@example.com|
|Oxfam GB Jigjiga Office, Ethiopia||Muhammad Ahmed Hussein Fafen Program Manager Mobile: +251 915 03 8517 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Coffey International Development Limited The Malt house, 1 Northfield Road Reading, Berkshire, RG1 8AH United Kingdom||Richard Hooper, Project Director, Tel: +44 (0) 207 4870400 Email: email@example.com|
Yusuf Abdi Musse
Mobile : +252 (0) 634406070/633406070
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mustafe Sh Omar Gedi
Mobile : +252 (0) 634410173
Email : email@example.com
P.O. Box: 617